The Problem: The girls’ “apartment under the stairs” is in complete disarray. The plastic tubs that everything is stored in is just not working. They can never find what they are looking for. Always wearing a pair of mismatched high heels.
The Solution: I took the bull by the horns and stitched it into a purse and jewelry organizer and matching shoe rack. Now they can actually see what they have got and accessorize accordingly! And while I was at it, I made my son a little something to store his school work, library books, and such. Now I can’t promise that this room will ever look like this again… but that’s a whole different problem!
For these projects, I used a set of curtains from Ikea that I found in the damaged section for around $7. Nothing at all wrong with them, except they were out of the package. These provided me with about 4 yards of heavy duty fabric!