After frantically sewing so many gifts, I’m feeling a little burnt out. Yes, I love to sew, but with a deadline, it’s starting to feel a little too much like work. So I decided to take the day off from Santa’s workshop and work on something that has been laying on my floor for a month or so.
These are a set of drawers that I picked up from Ikea. I finally got around to putting them together. After painstakingly cutting out paper to go on each drawer, I used Mod Podge to attach the Amy Butler scrapbook paper to the fronts of the drawers. The first couple didn’t quite go as planned. I used the Mod Podge without diluting it to attach the paper to the drawer and put Mod Podge on the front without letting it dry first. This created bubbles, even though I ran over the front with a straight edge to get the air bubbles out. So I decided to let the glue dry before I covered the entire fronts. I love the way they turned out. The Mod Podge creates a shiny, but not too glossy, coat over the paper.
And the best thing is that the drawers are completely reversible! My girls are having loads of fun deciding what design they want to create. This was my 1st successful attempt at decoupage, and I can’t wait to try it again. Next time using fabric.